Training for Transition
Building Resilient Communities for a Post-Carbon World
Saturday & Sunday, August 21st & 22nd 2010 from 9:00 - 5:00 pm
(Alternate dates: August 28th & 29, in Washington DC*)
Hosted by SCHOOL OF LIVING at HEATHCOTE COMMUNITY
21300 Heathcote Road, Freeland, MD 21053
The Transition movement is a vibrant, international, grassroots initiative that seeks to build sustainable community as we face the inevitable challenges of climate change, oil depletion, and economic instability. The Transition movement confronts the reality that these issues can only be resolved by eliminating our dependence on fossil fuels.
The heart of Transition is the belief that if we engage with enough imagination and ingenuity to unlock the collective genius of our communities, we can choose a future that is abundant, equitable and socially connected.
Participants in the training will:
- Learn how to raise awareness about peak oil, climate change, and community resilience through public talks and events
- Explore the opportunities for personal and social transformation
- Learn the key concepts of the Transition model, including how to set up and foster successful Transition groups
- Form connections with other local change leaders and other transition initiatives
- Learn to initiate groups to develop local food, energy, transportation, economic, and health alternatives
- Learn to establish a plan of action for yourself and your community to eventually launch a community defined and implemented “Energy Descent Action Plan”
*Visit: www.heathcote.org, call 410-357-9523 or email email@example.com