Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ancestral Tree


The Norway spruce in the picture on this Blog was planted by my ancestors who purchased the land it sits on in 1833. Under it sits the "smokehouse/kitchen" that served the nearby farmhouse. This farm supplied settlers moving West down the Ohio River after the American Revolution. On this site I hope to found a "school of living" to be held in a community land trust dedicated to living sustainably on this and all of the Land that is our Earthright.

Community is about sharing all that we have, all that we make and all that is given to us for our caring. I have just come from a "retreat" where I found that community and profoundly felt what it means to become part of such a community. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - the land is earthright of all beings (human and nonhuman). Glad you are putting the land you have stewardship over into trust for all generations!

    ReplyDelete